Are you ready for a treat? Good, because these Atkins phase 1 Asian style chicken kabobs are exactly what you’re looking for. Not only are they easy to make, but you’ll love them so much you’ll be wanting to make more.
The recipe listed below is for 1 serving; however, if you have a family to feed, you’ll want to make a few more skewers and more chicken and vegetables. I’m one person and I can’t get enough of this, so I typically double (and sometimes triple) the recipe.
- 4 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 6 tsp coconut aminos
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tbsp freshly grated ginger root
- 1 zucchini sliced thinly
- 1 boneless chicken breast or 2 boneless chicken thighs, cut into pieces
- Cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, green bell pepper, and red onions (optional)
- You'll need about 3 medium-sized skewers for this recipe. If you'll be using bamboo skewers, make sure you soak them in water while you're preparing the ingredients.
- Combine the tamari, coconut aminos, garlic, and ginger in a small bowl.
- Slice the zucchini lengthwise in thin slices. You can also opt to cut them in chunks. If you'll be adding any of the additional vegetables, you'll want to cut them into chunks.
- Place the chicken pieces and vegetables in a large plastic storage bag. Add the soy sauce marinade into the bag, seal, mix, and place in the refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill.
- If using an air fryer with a rotisserie setting, set on rotisserie for 30 minutes.
- Cook until the internal temperature of the chicken reads 165℉.
- Drizzle with sesame oil and serve over riced cauliflower.
If you're unable to find Coconut Aminos at your local store, you can substitute it with low-sodium soy sauce.
You can make this ahead of time and let the chicken and marinade marry for up to 2 days before cooking.
This recipe works for both a BBQ and an air fryer with a rotisserie attachment.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 300Total Fat: 11.5gNet Carbohydrates: 5gFiber: 8.2gProtein: 31g
If you made this recipe, let me know what you thought of it.