This Atkins phase 1 beef with scallion saute will not only delight your palate, but it’s perfect if you’re looking for a quick, easy and delicious meal.
You can use any type of meat you enjoy, such as flank steak, or even sirloin sliced thinly. Stir-fry meat tends to be a little tougher.
Typically, you’ll see a lot of recipes of this nauture slathered in sauce which usually over-powers the flavor of the meat and vegetables. The great thing about being on the Atkins diet is you can acutally taste the food because it’s not being overpowered by sauces that will elevate your sugar and cause cravings
Although you can make this recipe if you’re in any phase of Atkins, it’s more suited for those in phase 1.
Whether you’re feeding just yourself or your family, you can adjust the ingredients to make a larger quantity.
This dish is ideal to add over riced cauliflower. Let me tell you this; you’ll find this dish to be so satisfying and delicious, you’ll be making it on a weekly basis.
Atkins Phase 1 Beef with Scallion Saute
- 5 ounces beef (any type - sliced into strips)
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded whole milk mozzarella cheese
- garnish with sesame seeds (optional)
- olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Add the beef and garlic to the hot pan.
- Saute the beef and garlic over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from the pan and place on a clean plate
- Saute the scallions and red pepper until soft. This should take around 3 minutes. Once they're soft, add the beef back into the pan. Continue cooking for an additional 3 minutes.
- Place immediately on a plate. Immediately sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and allow to melt.
- Garnish with sesame seeds.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 387Total Fat: 22.9gNet Carbohydrates: 4.8gFiber: 2.1gProtein: 37.5g
If you made this dish, I’d love to know what you thought of it.