When I first heard that saying I thought it was rather unsettling, but with all the crazy things that our urban dictionary is filled with, slap your mama means, something is extraordinarily tasty. Well, guess what? Not only is this Buffalo-style cauliflower perfect for those on Atkins Phase 1, but it’s very slap your mama good.
There are times when you’re looking for something other than your typically chicken wings, and when that time comes, this chicken wing replacement is just what the doctor ordered. Or in this case, Mama ordered.
The hardest part about this recipe is waiting the full 5 minutes for the air fryer to finish cooking. Yes, folks, it’s that simple.
- 1/2 cup plain pork rinds
- 9 teaspoons Frank's Redhot Buffalo Wings Sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha hot chili sauce
- 2/3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 head large (6-7" diameter) cauliflower, raw
- 1 egg
- 1/8 cup blue cheese dressing
- Preheat your air fryer to 390°F for about 10 minutes while you are preparing the cauliflower.
- Pulse the pork rinds in a food processor until they're broken down to a sand-like texture. Measure out 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of the ground pork rinds into a large bowl. Add the hot wing sauce, melted butter, Sriracha, and vinegar to the pork rinds, and stir until well combined.
- In another medium-to-large bowl, whisk the egg until it's frothy.
- Cut the cauliflower into bite-sized florets.
- Coat the entire florets in the egg. Make sure the egg reaches the nooks and crannies of the cauliflower.
- Place in another medium-to-large size bowl and coat each cauliflower floret with the wing sauce, until fully coated.
- Sprinkle the remainder of pork rinds over the cauliflower before placing it in the air fryer.
- Place the cauliflower florets either in a rotisserie basket or on trays. Set timer for 5 minutes at 390°F. If you're using a rotisserie basket, set your air fryer on rotisserie.
- Remove from fryer, serve with blue cheese dressing and celery sticks.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 419Total Fat: 29.5gNet Carbohydrates: 4.7gFiber: 2.6gProtein: 32.3g
If you don’t have an air fryer, you can bake this as well. Just follow the directions on the recipe card, but make sure to preheat your oven to the specified temperature for at least 15 minutes, to ensure the oven is hot enough.
If you had the opportunity to make this amazing dish, please let me know what you thought about it in the comments below.