I have a sick obsession with zucchini. I’m not sure where it started, but I remember my mother always fried zucchini when I was a kid. Maybe eating it brings back fond memories, but regardless, it’s an awesome vegetable.
This is one of my favorite recipes, and I thought I’d share it with you. It’s really easy to make. You can eat it any time of the day.
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 8 large eggs
- 4 oz feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Dash of Basil
- Dash of Parsley
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a 12-inch nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Slice zucchini, add to the pan, and cook 10 minutes turning the slices as they brown.
- Once zucchini is browned, add scallions, red pepper flake, and salt. Cook 3-4 minutes on medium-low.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Whisk eggs, feta cheese, parsley, and basil in a bowl Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a non-stick ovenproof skillet on medium-high.
- Add the egg mixture and cook for 1-1 1/2 minutes until the bottom is set and slightly firm.
- Place the zucchini mixture evenly over the top of the egg mixture.
- Cover and cook for 5-6 minutes until the edge is slightly puffed.
- Uncover, transfer to a broiler and broil 1-1 1/2 minutes, until the top is set and lightly golden
Works for Atkins 20 and Atkins 40
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 309Net Carbohydrates: 3.5gFiber: 0.5gProtein: 18.6g
If you make this, please leave a comment down below and tell me what you think of it.