Growing up I never really cared for hot dogs, but I always loved bratwurst. Making brats is one of the quickest and easiest dishes to make and best of all, they’re pretty low in carbs. This low-carb bratwurst and sauerkraut dish is easy, and your entire family will love it; even your pickiest of kids.
Please remember times may vary due to the way you cook the bratwurst. Use a meat thermometer to make sure the brats are fully cooked.
You can get a good thermometer at Amazon or your local grocery store.
The form you have selected does not exist.
- 1 pack of Bratwurst - read the package for the actual carb count as each company varies, but most are 2 grams per sausage.
- 1/2 cup Sauerkraut with liquid
- Preheat grill.
- Broil or grill the bratwurst, turning it once until browned on all sides.
- Heat sauerkraut on stove or microwave.
- Serve bratwurst over sauerkraut.
Perfect for Atkins 20 and Atkins 40
3.6 Net Carbs
Protein 12.3 grams
Fat 24.9 grams
Fiber 1.9 grams
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1 link
Amount Per Serving: Total Fat: 24.9gNet Carbohydrates: 3.6gFiber: 1.9g
If you make this, please leave a comment below and let me know what you thought.