Hold on to your hats my low-carb chocolate-loving friends, I have a doozy of a low-carb muffin recipe for you today. When you’re on any diet, you often feel as though you’re missing out on having your chocolate fix.
Sure, I’m all for the Atkins Endulge treats, but sometimes, we need something a little different.
Well, folks, I have a really easy, super quick, delicious, mouth-watering dessert that those who actually eat carbs will be jealous of. Sure, you can give them a bite, but you can also do what I do; tell them it’s diet food, and enjoy it all to yourself.
Low-carb muffin: Death by Chocolate
The form you have selected does not exist.
If you need help figuring out how to determine how many net carbs are in your whey powder, or any food for that matter, head on over to my blog post How Do I Determine The Carb Count.
- 1 oz. cream cheese - Philadelphia cream cheese in the brick is the easiest to measure.
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp xylitol sweetener
- 1 pack Stevia
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp whey protein, vanilla ****
- 2 tsp Perfect Keto Chocolate Seasalt
- 1/4 tsp double-acting baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Mint leaf - optional
- Place cream cheese in a microwave-safe mug. Heat for 15 seconds, or until the cream cheese is warm; not melted, but warm.
- Whisk in the egg and oil to the cream cheese.
- In a bowl mix all the remaining dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the cream cheese mixture in the cup and stir to mix well.
- Heat the mug in the microwave for 10-20 seconds - give or take a few seconds, since all microwaves work differently.
- Use a butter knife to release it from the mug, by running it around the muffin, or do what I do, put a sprig of mint on it, and eat it right from the mug.
Perfect for Atkins 20 or 40
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 371Total Fat: 29gUnsaturated Fat: 0gNet Carbohydrates: 2.9gProtein: 19.7g
If you make this recipe and you enjoy it, please leave me a comment down below.